Earlier this year, the AICPA hosted a panel of leaders in the CPA profession to discuss upcoming issues CPAs and CPA firms will need to face. Moderated by Edie Weiner, President of Weiner, Edrich, Brown, Inc., the panel consisted of:
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA - President and CEO, AICPA
- Richard Caturano, CPA, CGMA - Chairman of the Board of Directors, AICPA
- Paul Stahlin, CPA, CGMA - Past Chairman of the Board of Directors, AICPA
- Gary Bolinger, CAE - President and CEO, Indiana CPA Society
- Charles Weinstein, CPA, CGMA - CEO, EisnerAmper LLP, and AICPA Board Member
- Darwin Jones, CPA - Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions Tax, KPMG, and AICPA Leadership Academy Graduate
This video series is about bringing thought leaders together to talk about some of the issues that have implications to business, government and the accounting profession. The two topics addressed in the current series are "Valuation vs Value" and "Templosion." You can view the videos below as they are released and join the conversation about these topics.
Valuation vs Value. In the first session, the panel discusses the business shift from traditional companies producing a tangible good to today's business leading companies that produce intangible goods and services. The shift creates complexity in the valuation of a company, beyond the financial concept of the term, but also to the value a company delivers socially, ethically and sustainably. Share your thoughts through the comment tool below. AICPA members can join the conversation on LinkedIn.
Templosion. In the second session, the panel explores the concept of "templosion." Time is not only speeding up, but sweeping us up along with it at a breathtaking pace. This is called templosion, the implosion of everything into compressed time, from the average lifespan of a Fortune 500 company to the amount of time it takes a young startup to raise venture capital.