Thank you for deciding to join the AICPA. Please select one of the membership categories below to proceed to the online application.
The AICPA offers different types of membership to meet your needs. Click each link to learn more:
- Regular Member:
Anyone who has passed the CPA Exam and is either a certified/licensed CPA, or was previously certified/licensed, or meets all the qualifications for certification.
- Associate Member:
Anyone who has passed the CPA Exam but is not yet certified/licensed to practice.
- CPA Candidate:
College graduates who have not yet passed the CPA Exam.
- International Associate:
For individuals who hold non-U.S accounting credential and full, regular membership with one of eleven accounting organizations approved by the AICPA Board of Directors.
- Non-CPA Section Associate:
Any non-CPA professional employed and sponsored by a CPA firm in an Institute-approved practice-monitoring program.
Membership Sections (Voluntary):
- Information Technology (IT)
- Tax (TAX)
- Personal Financial Planning (PFP)
- Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS)
- Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC)
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC)
- Center for Audit Quality (CAQ).
Anyone who has been an AICPA member within the past three years may reinstate membership to maintain tenure. Previous year's dues will be charged. For Regular Members, membership is complimentary after 40 consecutive years of dues have been paid and retirement age, as defined by the Social Security Administration, has been reached.