The AICPA offers volunteer opportunities across several discipline areas where you have a chance to hone your leadership skills by participating on committees, technical resource panels and task forces with industry leaders. Make the most of professional development opportunities, be sure your voice is heard and support the organization that supports you.
Network with your colleagues and peers while learning the latest techniques and guidance from regulators and experts. AICPA offers over sixty conferences and workshops on accounting and auditing topics, practice management guidance and in specific industry and consulting niches every year.
We give Regular Members the opportunity to influence and guide the profession's direction as well as network with peers. Over 2500 volunteers participate in nearly 200 groups, including:
- AICPA Governing Council
- Board of Directors
- Expert Panels
- Resource Panels
- Quality Centers
- Task Forces
Visit the volunteer homepage to learn more.
Young CPA Network
A vital community in which young and aspiring CPAs can find a rich repository of professional development tools, up-to-date industry news and practice aids while building the supportive network of professional relationships you need to be successful in the CPA profession. This group helps keep you in touch with industry trends and best practices for positive professional development.
- The Edge e-newsletter for Young CPAs
- Young CPA Networks in social media
Visit the Young CPA Network homepage to learn more.
to learn more.
Specialized Member Sections
We offer four voluntary membership sections which give you benefits above and beyond standard membership, such as exclusive tools, resources and discounts.
- FVS Section – CPAs who provide forensic and valuation services may join this section for access to tools, publications, networking, discounts and more.
- IT Section – Receive communications, tools and guidance on IT-related topics, plus discounts on events such as the annual TECH+ Conference.
- PCPS Section – Membership in the Private Companies Practice Section provides access to exclusive content, resources and research. This section is open to sole proprietors as well as small and medium-sized firms.
- PFP Section – The Personal Financial Planning Section is the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for CPAs who specialize in providing planning advice.
- Tax Section – Tax-practitioner CPAs may join the section to access practice guides, checklists and tools, and receive a discounted subscription to The Tax Adviser.
Credentials are available for currently-licensed CPAs.
- ABV Credential – The Accredited in Business Valuation Credential increases your professional competency in providing premier business valuation service via strategic analysis.
- CFF Credential – The Certified in Financial Forensics Credential enhances your image as a competent, trustworthy financial forensic expert in areas such as family law, bankruptcy and fraud investigation.
- CITP Credential – The Certified Information Technology Professional Credential promotes a greater level of confidence in your ability to bridge business and technology.
- PFS Credential – The Personal Financial Specialist Credential acknowledges your extensive, specialized expertise and experience in financial planning.