The Employee Benefits Tax Technical Resource Panel (TRP) identifies issues and develops policy by:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activity on employee benefit plan issues, including executive compensation issues.
- Suggesting legislative and regulatory modifications to simplify and clarify the employee benefit plan tax provisions.
- Meeting and collaborating with our counterparts at the American Bar Association and others where necessary, and with other committees and groups within the AICPA.
- To assist the AICPA conferences team in the planning of relevant seminars and conferences.
- Developing products and services to assist members in tax practice and communicating with them, including through periodic articles in The Tax Adviser.
Task Forces under the TRP currently include:
- Health Care Tax Task Force
2013 - 2014 TRP Roster:
| Wayne Kamenitz, Chair
|| Ernst & Young LLP
| Chris Shankle, Immediate Past Chair
|| Capital One
| Kelly Davis
|| Clifton Larson Allen LLP
| Bill O'Malley
| McGladrey LLP
| R. Lee Nunn, III
|| Aon Hewitt
| Michael Palmer
|| Warren Averett Benefit Consultants, LLC
| Mark Ritter
|| Grant Thornton LLP
| Mark Swedelson
|| Goldberg, Swedelson & Associates, Inc.
| Carol Zurcher
|| Thomas, Zurcher & White, P.A.
| Kristin Esposito, Staff Liaison