The Corporations & Shareholders Taxation technical resource panel (TRP) identifies issues and develops policy by:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activity affecting corporations and shareholders, including spin-offs and consolidated returns.
- Suggesting legislative and regulatory modifications to simplify and clarify tax issues affecting corporations and shareholders.
- Meeting and collaborating with the corporate technical staffs at IRS, Department of the Treasury and Congress, and out counterparts at the American Bar Association.
- Developing products and services to assist members in tax practice and communicating with them, including through periodic articles in The Tax Adviser.
Task Forces under the TRP currently include:
- Earnings & Profits Computation Guide Task Force
|2013 - 2014 TRP Roster:
|T. Bart Stratton, Chair
|| PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
|Todd B. Reinstein, Immediate Past Chair
|| Pepper Hamilton LLP
|| Ernst & Young LLP
|| KMPG LLP
| Joseph Gardner
|| Meaden & Moore LLP
|Matthew E. Gareau
|| Deloitte Tax LLP
|Kevin W. Kaiser
|| Lindquist & Vennum PLLP
|Bryan D. Keith
|| Grant Thornton LLP
|Edward J. Schnee
|| The University of Alabama
|| Eide Bailly LLP
|Jason Cha, Staff Liaison to the TRP
The TRP's work includes: