Listen to leading estate and financial planning experts in this web seminar that will draw attention to the critical need for clients to update and review their financial and estate plans.
Moderator: Sidney Kess, CPA, J.D., LL.M.
Presenters: Steven Siegel, J.D., LL.M.
Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, PFS, MBA, J.D.
Jacqueline Patterson, CPA, J.D., MBT
Daniel L. Daniels, J.D.
As a result of the increased federal estate tax exemption in 2009 ($3.5 million); the uncertainty about estate tax changes for the years 2010 & 2011; the decreased value of investments, homes & retirement plans; the declining value of Section 529 plans; and lower interest rates, many clients will need to review their financial plans. Combining these developments with the normal stages of life (new additions to family, death, divorce, remarriage, inheritance) – they all have a continuing impact on the client’s financial plan. In this seminar, you will learn:
- New estate tax rules
- What will be the law for 2010 and 2011?
- Key items to consider when reviewing clients wills and other documents
- Consequences of not reviewing and updating wills and related documents (horror stories will be shared where clients failed to review/update their plan)
- Estate planning solutions to suggest to your clients
- Estate and financial planning opportunities taking into consideration the current economic environment
Even if clients are not subject to the estate tax, they need to periodically review their estate and financial plan.
Download materials containing actionable advice and resources you can take to your clients now, including a letter that you can send to your clients to advise them of what needs to be done that will emphasize the importance of scheduling a meeting with you sooner rather than later.