DISCLAIMER: This document has not been approved, disapproved, or otherwise acted upon by any senior technical committees, and does not represent an official position of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It is distributed with the understanding that the contributing authors and editors, and the publisher, are not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Note: Access to Inside Information is a benefit of PFP/PFS membership, which is an individual membership. If your peers would like access to this newsletter service, they can either purchase directly from Bob Veres or sign up for PFP membership.
April 2016 In this issue...
- Practice Management: How to master the financial metrics that are becoming an increasingly important tool for managing your firm.
- Investing: Has something fundamentally changed about the commodities asset class?
- Marketing: Introducing econometric marketing.
- Parting Thoughts: A financial planner is running for Congress, hoping to give the profession a voice in public policy debates and create a financial plan for America.
March 2016 In this issue...
- Practice Management: Finance the first successor equity purchase at your advisory firm through a new program at Live Oak Bank
- Conferences: TD Ameritrade is changing the conversation about advisors vs. brokers
- Practice Management: Advyzon combines CRM, portfolio management and planning in one software package
- Parting Thoughts: When is the SEC going to shut down the brokerage world's shameful shell game?
February 2016 In this issue...
- Investing: Max My Interest and Performance Trust have introduced new versions of their services for the RIA/planning community
- Client Services: An inexpensive way to delegate complex Social Security planning--and the actual paperwork
- Practice Management: How hard is it to convert years of client performance data?
- Parting Thoughts: The next few years could represent the growth opportunity of a lifetime for your firm.
January 2016 In this issue...
- The New Hub of Planning Academia: The CFP Board’s new Center for Financial Planning has been touted as a diversity initiative. Here’s what’s really going on.
- Cleaning Your Tank: How do you create a healthy, productive work environment? Hint: It’s not all about the compensation.
- Parting Thoughts: The best financial planning-related books of the year