PFP & CPA/PFS Learning Opportunities
The AICPA offers learning options for both the less-experienced and more seasoned CPA, whether you are preparing to become a CPA/PFS or you already have the credential.
In addition to self-study CPE, the AICPA offers a variety of upcoming Webcasts
- Foundation topics in personal financial planning: A resource for general knowledge and to aid in preparation for the PFS exam. These textbooks are published by The American College and available in the AICPA Store (with a table of contents showing topics covered). The following publications are available and provide the foundational learning needed for the PFS exam:
- PFS Exam Review Course: AICPA offers a self-study review course with 37 hours of CPE to help candidates prepare for the PFS exam. Seasoned CPAs can use this course to identify those areas where they need more in depth learning. Qualify for a $200 PFS Exam Sponsorship with this option.
In-Person CPE Classes:
- Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp: The AICPA offers an intensive 2-1/2 day PFP overview. Not only is it a review class to help prepare for the PFS exam, but seasoned CPAs can refresh their PFP skills with an overview of all PFP topics and how they are integrated with real-life applications. These classes are held prior to each PFS exam in May/June and November/December. Qualify for a $600 PFS Exam Sponsorship with this option.
- Conferences provide additional learning opportunities on current and hot topics.
Online CPE Classes:
- Virtual Group Class of the Personal Financial Planning Boot Camp: Whether preparing for the PFS exam or simply refreshing your PFP skills, this class is a rebroadcast of the in-person PFP Boot Camp with access to the instructor for questions. Classes are held online one day per week for 4 succeeding weeks prior to each offering of the PFS exam. Qualify for a $400 PFS Exam Sponsorship with this option.
On-Demand Learning (no CPE):
- On-Demand Recording of the PFP Boot Camp: Complete access to the PFP Boot Camp and participant materials (without the CPE) plus the flexibility of listening to it whenever you desire.
Go to the CPA/PFS Credential Overview page