General Information: About | What Is the Value? | How do I join? | Contact Information | Policies
Meetings & Groups: Meetings | Chapters and Special Interest Groups | Membership
What Is a PFP Networking Group?
These groups were formed based on feedback that we have received from our membership. The content and location for meetings are determined by the group itself. The cost of the meetings will be determined by the speaker that the group decides to hire and the location. There is no profit generated by the AICPA in supporting these groups; these efforts are being made strictly to support our membership. The groups were formed with the vision that there would be two live or virtual meetings per year and have been designed to afford you the opportunity to gain from the knowledge and perspective of your most successful peers. Due to limited seating and the nature of a networking group, it is important that you make a commitment to attend each meeting of your group.
What Is the Value?
Grown out of a need based on member feedback, the PFP Networking Group provides you, the PFP section member, with the opportunity to:
- Network with the best and brightest of your peers—the CPA financial planners and most trusted advisors.
- Stay abreast of new developments through market and current event updates at each meeting.
- Learn and share best practices for technical strategies and practice management topics.
- Problem-solve technical issues faced by group members in their practices in an open forum.
How Do I Join?
To join, you must be a member of the PFP Section or a PFS credential holder. Email PFPnetworkgroup@aicpa.org if you are interested in joining.
Chapters and Special Interest Groups
The AICPA PFP Division has networking groups located in major regions of the United States:
Northeast: CT, DC, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA
Southeast: AL, AR, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN
*Central A: CO, KS, LA, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, OK, SD, TX, UT, WY
*Central B: IL, IN, IA, KY, MI, MN, MO, OH, WS
West: AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, NV, OR, WA
* These groups are currently inactive because the chair position is vacant. If you are interested in becoming a chair of a PFP Networking Group, please email PFPnetworkgroup@aicpa.org.
National and International Chapters and Special Interest Groups
- Charter: This is the original PFP Networking Group that meets in a live setting two times per year. It is open to new members who are already PFP Section members (inclusive of PFS credential holders) by application only. Email your resume and letter of intent for review by this group's membership panel.
- International: This group is open to members and meets in a virtual setting. It is open to new members. Email us to receive information about upcoming events or to join this group.
- Emerging CPA Financial Planners: This group is open to CPA financial planners who are emerging professionals in the personal financial planning industry. Email us to receive information about upcoming events or to join this group.
- Women in the Profession: This group is open to all to discuss issues that women who are CPA financial planners face in the profession. Email us to receive information about upcoming events or to join this group
- New! Implementing PFP Services: This group is open to members who are interested in adding financial planning services to their firms or who are interested in starting their own financial planning practice. Email us to receive information about upcoming events or to join this group.
- ***New! Family Office Services: This group is open to members to connect with peers who provide family office services or serve high net worth individual. Email us to receive information about upcoming events.
***Note that the Family Office Services networking group is at capacity. We may form a 2nd group depending on the level of interest. In the meantime, we will add you to a waitlist for this group if you are interested.
Many PFP Section members, inclusive of PFS credential holders, enjoy networking with peers of like business models or like interest areas and SIGs meet this need. To facilitate the formation of a SIG or to find out what SIGs are currently open to new members, please contact the AICPA PFP Manager at PFPnetworkgroup@aicpa.org.
If you are interested in becoming a chairperson for a group and to obtain a copy of the PFP Networking Group Toolkit, contact the AICPA PFP Manager at PFPnetworkgroup@aicpa.org .
Membership in the PFP Networking Groups is free and open to all PFP Section members, inclusive of PFS credential holders. Each group determines the cost associated with each meeting on a non-profit basis, so there may be a nominal fee to participate. Apply now to become a member!
Currently, no meetings are scheduled. Please check back for our Spring/Summer meeting information. Contact PFPnetworkgroup@aicpa.org if you are interested or to receive information as it becomes available. Note: The meetings posted on this site are only for current members of the PFP Networking Groups.
If you have additional questions feel free to contact us at PFPnetworkgroup@aicpa.org.
View the PFP Networking Group Policies