Financial & Estate Planning: What Should Your Clients Do Now?
Published October 18, 2010
Seminar recording | Presentation materials
Sample client letter by Jeff Lowin
Sample client letter by Lyle Benson
Article "Scratching Your Head Over 2010 Estate Plans?"
Speaker information (including contact information)
The uncertain political, economic and tax picture, has delayed clients in making decisions and taking action on their financial and estate plans. In recognition of Estate Planning Awareness Week, this web seminar brings together a panel of experts from across the country to discuss the planning considerations advisors and their clients should address now and into 2011 to ensure proper long-term planning is in place to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate negative outcomes.
This web seminar is presented in a format that will be valuable for you and your clients. Send your clients the link to the archived presentation so they can view the session from their home or office. A client letter and practitioner checklist are provided to assist you in addressing the panel's action-oriented advice with your clients now.
This web seminar covers a multitude of issues you should consider in a variety of planning areas, regardless of the uncertain political, economic and tax picture that we currently face, including:
- The current status of the estate tax repeal and what it means for planning
- Dealing with estate administration factors when a client has died in 2010 - including a discussion of carryover basis
- How documents should be worded to address issues as a result of the repeal
- Gifting, including generation skipping transfers and charitable giving
- Planning opportunities in the low interest rate, declining asset values environment
- Retirement planning, including qualified plans, IRAs & Roth conversions
- Year-end planning in this uncertain climate
- Other planning considerations, including investment, tax, life insurance and succession planning
- Generally, what you - the advisor - and clients should be doing NOW!