To maintain an active CFF Credential, CFF Credential holders must pay an annual renewal fee of $350 and meet the following CFF recertification requirements every three years:
- Regular membership in good standing in the AICPA
- A valid and unrevoked CPA certificate issued by a legally constituted state authority
- 60 hours of CPE related to the CFF Body of Knowledge (See fields listed in Experience Requirements of CFF Credential Application Kit)
- Submission (via the internet) of a statement of intent to continue to comply with all recertification requirements.
The initial CFF application covers the period from the credential holders CFF start date for a period of three years. At the end of that calendar year, an email will be sent notifying CFF Credential holders that they need to recertify.
NOTE: Failure to recertify results in the loss of the CFF Credential.
||Become a CFF Credential holder
||End of initial 3 year period
|December 31, 2012
|December 31, 2015
||Next recertification required
The AICPA reserves the right to audit recertification attestations. If selected, the CFF Credential holder will be contacted to provide further substantiation.
Email us at CFF@aicpa.org
or call us at 1-888-777-7077.
What is my CFF Recertification Date?
- Click the “My Account” link at the top of this page
- Then click the “Manage Memberships and Credentials” link on the left of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and under the heading “Credentials”, check the recertification date displayed
How do I recertify?
To recertify your CFF Credential, please follow these instructions (Downloadable tutorial with screen-shots
- Click the “My Account” link at top of this web page and go to My Account page.
- Click the “My Account Welcome Page” link on the left of the screen and go to the welcome page.
- In the middle of the screen you should see a sentence about recertification with a “Recertify Online” link.
- Clicking that link will take you to the page where you can attest to meeting the recertification requirements.
- Complete and submit this page and you are recertified until 12/31/2014.
Return to CFF Overview page .