AICPA Revenue Recognition Task Forces are charged with developing revenue recognition implementation issues that will provide helpful hints and illustrative examples for how to apply the new Revenue Recognition Standard.
Task Force Members:
- Dave Dickson, Ernst & Young LLP (Chair)
- Rachel Bell, Virgin America
- Stewart Bell, United
- Chris Berry, Alaska Air Group
- LeAnna Buchwald, JetBlue
- Mike Carreon, American Airlines
- Robert Gordon, Deloitte LLP
- Craig Isakson, KPMG LLP
- Leah Koontz, Southwest Airlines
- Craig Meynard, Delta
- Simon Whitehead, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Eric Woodward, Skywest
Staff Contact: Yelena Mishkevich, email@example.com
IDENTIFIED REVENUE RECOGNITION IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES
Revenue recognition implementation issues identified by the Airlines Revenue Recognition Task Force, when available, will be posted here. Full revenue recognition implementation issues will be posted below for informal comments after review by the AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC).
||Description of Implementation Issue
||Joint venture revenue sharing agreements
||Passenger tickets – Breakage
- This implementation issue will discuss considerations for applying the guidance in FASB ASC 606 to ancillary services and related fees charged by airlines.
- This implementation issue will discuss considerations for applying the guidance in FASB ASC 606, including classification under principal vs. agent for arrangements that airlines have amongst each other to sell tickets under which one or more segments of the journey will be flown by another carrier.
||Loyalty (flown & sold miles)
||Commissions and selling costs
||Maintenance power-by-the-hour services
||Ticket Level Performance Obligations
Draft Revenue Recognition Implementation Issues included for informal comment, when available, will be listed below.
Respondents should submit any comments including the implementation issue number to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dates noted below:
The Airlines Revenue Recognition Task Force recommends the following AICPA products for current revenue recognition issues: