The Tax Section publishes E-Alerts approximately every two weeks with news you can use on tax regulations, court decisions, legislation, and practice management. The E-Alerts also provide links on upcoming Conferences and CPE sessions on topics of current interest to AICPA members.
May 10, 2013
- AICPA Addresses "Challenging Tax Season" and IRS Budget with House
- AICPA Suggests Tweaks to the New Home Office Deduction Safe Harbor Method
- How Can Theft Prevention, Reporting, and Return Filing be Improved?
- Mobile Workforce Legislation Re-Introduced in Congress
- Senate Approves Online Collection of Out-of-State Sales Taxes
- IRS Issues Penalty Relief for Storms Victims in the South and Midwest
- IRS Production Tax Credit Guidance and Safe Harbor
- Other Tax News from the Journal of Accountancy
TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Need to Communicate with your Clients after Busy Season? Use the Tax Practitioner’s Toolkit
- Stay Current on Tax Reform with the AICPA Resource Page
- The Adviser’s Guide to Social Security: Unlocking the Mystery of Retirement Planning
- Volunteer Opportunities with the Uniform CPA Examination
- Calling all Exempt Organization Experts
- Share Your Expertise and Help the Profession. Apply to Volunteer for an AICPA Tax Committee Today!
- AICPA Tax Planning, Compliance and Controversy Conference...For Businesses and Individuals
- 2013 AICPA Conference on Doing Business in China
- Exempt Organization Educational Resources
- 2013 Tax Planning With the New Tax Law – Avoiding Unintended Consequences2013 Taxes: Start Your Money Plan Here
- Hidden Treasures - Maximizing Your Tax Section Membership
- Washington Tax Brief
- IDGTs: Using Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts to Intentionally Do Great Things!
- Coming Up on the Tax Power Hour:
- May: Social Media for CPAs
- June: Tax Software Comparison
- July: Paperless Office Workflow
For previous articles visit Tax E-Alert's 2012 archives and 2013 archives.