· Be currently active in public practice at a supervisory level for managing SOC 1 and/or SOC 2 examinations. To be considered currently active, a specialist should be presently involved in the SOC practice of a firm supervising one or more of the firm’s SOC engagements.
· Be associated with a firm (or all firms if associated with more than one firm) that has received a report with a peer review rating of pass for its most recent System Review that was accepted timely, ordinarily within the last three years and six months.
· Not be associated with an engagement that was deemed not performed or reported on in accordance with professional standards in all material respects on the specialist’s firm’s most recently accepted peer review.
· Possess current knowledge of professional standards applicable to SOC 1 and/or SOC 2 examinations, including Type 1 and Type 2 reports, qualified and unqualified reports, carve in/carve out engagements, and engagements with and without relevant user entity controls.
· Have at least five years of recent experience in the practice of public accounting with a minimum of 500 hours of SAS 70/SOC 1 and/or SysTrust/SOC 2 examinations.
· Have provided the administering entity with information that accurately reflects the qualifications of the specialist, which is updated on a timely basis.