- In this CGMA video, IMTA CITP Credential Committee Member Lauren Kovar, CPA/CITP, CGMA, of Thomson Reuter, talks about her passion for technology and finance and how her experience helps create transformative change, both within her own organization and those of the clients she serves.
- The AICPA recently issued an update to the Trust Services Principles and Criteria to supersede the 2009 version of Trust Services Principles, Criteria, and Illustrations for Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy (TSP section 100A). The revised criteria are effective for reporting periods ending on or after Dec. 15, 2014, with early adoption permitted. The privacy principle and criteria are currently under revision.
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) issued its Cybersecurity Framework 1.0 on Feb. 13 in response to an executive order from President Obama. The AICPA's IMTA Section filed a comment letter on executive order 13636 for cyber security.
- In Virginia Avrutin's AICPA Insights blog post, "Data Analysis Expressions: PowerPivot's Secret Weapon", she reveals that DAX is easily the best feature of PowerPivot. Learn more about DAX now.
- In this AICPA Insights blog post, "PowerPivot: A Game Changer for Excel Pivot Table Users", Virginia Avrutin writes as a CPA and a power Excel user, her goal in Excel has always been to create useful reports and analysis for audit documentation as well as to meet her clients' need for information and reports. Discover how to improve your reporting techniques.
- Like people, companies make resolutions to implement change but aren't always successful in accomplishing their goals. In this AICPA Insights blog post, "4 steps for companies to keep business-solution resolutions", Doris Cantagallo offers four ways for companies to monitor and assess their efforts.