The Center for Plain English Accounting (“CPEA”) is the AICPA’s national A&A resource center, available exclusively to PCPS members. The CPEA assists member firms in understanding and implementing accounting, auditing, review, compilation, and quality control standards through sharing technical advice and guidance. The CPEA’s straight-forward and clear style of writing and speaking gives practitioners the opportunity to understand the applicability of the professional literature when they are preparing financial statements and when they are auditing, reviewing, and compiling those financial statements.
CPEA members have access to a first-class team of nationally recognized and respected A&A experts. Through reports, alerts, webinars, and conference sessions, CPEA professional staff provide A&A support by describing “how to do” what you “need to do” in implementing the authoritative literature.
In the environment of today, local and regional firms are dealing, more than ever, with standards overload, including understanding the current standard setting environment, interpreting complex accounting and auditing rules, assessing the potential impact of proposed standards, and trying to figure out how to implement standards in their existing methodologies. Very often, practitioners do not have access to a national office and have nowhere to turn for help. The CPEA offers that help. Through the CPEA, practitioners gain national office resources without a national office.
- Written responses to written technical inquiries
- Monthly technical reports covering a variety of A&A topics- Sample a monthly Report
- One seat at each of eight NASBA-certified two-hour webinars per year on hot A&A issues for a total of sixteen CPE credits annually
- Alerts and special reports covering recently issued guidance and hot topics - Sample an Alert
- Access to an annual eight-hour (split between two days) NASBA-certified webinar
- Online access to a valuable reference library of past reports
- Special VIP access at select AICPA conferences to educational sessions and roundtables created just for CPEA members
or Contact the CPEA
to discuss the benefits of membership.