Online Marketing Guidance - Web Site Tips
Published September 19, 2006
- Make certain that your Web site includes complete, current contact information. Always include your firm address, phone and fax numbers, as well as an email address for a key contact person.
- Take care to choose a contact person who is well informed about your firm and its capabilities.
- Make sure your site is easy to use. Ensure that first-time visitors can navigate the site intuitively and find what they are looking for easily.
- Avoid using extensive, non-essential graphics, which can cause Web pages to download slowly, encouraging visitors to leave your site.
- Don't just recreate your firm brochure electronically. Most brochures lack the depth needed to hold the attention of Web site visitors, who are looking for relevant and specific information.
- Provide site visitors with something that is free and useful. Tips, tools, information and the promise of more will interest potential clients and provide an incentive to return to your site.