Small businesses total nearly 30 million in the United States, yet many of their owners struggle to do the work and run a successful, profitable enterprise. As part of the #CPAPOWERED, CPA Secrets to a Better Business campaign, the AICPA’s Small Business Marketing Toolkit offers resources to help you educate small business owners about your services and the ways CPAs act as a trusted adviser. With these tools, you can position and promote yourself and your practice to businesses at different stages. Visit the toolkit often, because additional resources will be available over the coming months.
Note: Many of these pieces are co-brandable. You can place your firm’s logo and/or contact information into the collateral to promote your practice. These printing and stamping instructions provide directions for printing the brochure files and explain how to "stamp" your logo into the co-brandable files.
|Any Stage of Business
||No matter what kind of business you’re targeting, or where those businesses are on the small business lifecycle, you can use these tools in your marketing efforts.
- Advertisements: Place these co-brandable, full-page advertisements with local print media outlets.
- NEW! A Restaurateur's Secret Ingredient: His CPA
Share this case study, demonstrating the many ways a CPA can help a small business achieve success, with your clients.
- America Counts on CPAs Infographic
Upload this infographic, highlighting the role CPAs play in business and financial decisions, on social media or on your firm’s webpage.
Entrepreneurs who are just starting small businesses have a lot on their mind, but with the help of a CPA, they don’t have to do it alone. Use these resources to promote your services and value to small business clients in the start-up phase:
- Guide to Selecting Your Small Business Legal Structure (co-brandable): Provide clients with a backgrounder on choosing the right legal structure for their startup business.
In addition to these brochures, you can present to small business audiences on Selecting Small Business Legal Structure using this PowerPoint presentation.
- Guide to Small Business Recordkeeping (co-brandable): This guide outlines basic recommendations and encourages business owners to consult a CPA for further advice on recordkeeping.
In addition to these brochures, you can present to small business audiences on Recordkeeping using this PowerPoint presentation.
- Guide to Acquiring Startup Financing & Business Loan Application Checklist (co-brandable): Help clients explore options for securing capital with this guide and additional checklist.
In addition to these brochures, you can present to small business audiences on Acquiring Startup Financing using this PowerPoint presentation.
- Social media messages: spread the word about your practice with promotional tips and information in these customizable social media messages geared toward startup business owners.
Owners of growing businesses face choices related to acquiring additional funding, financial reporting and possibly providing assurance on financial statements. If you are approaching new or existing clients who are poised to grow their small businesses, consider these resources.
- Guide to Financial Statement Services: Compilation, Review and Audit (co-brandable): Easily explain the financial statement services you provide, including, the levels of assurance associated with compilation, review and audit.
NEW! In addition to these brochures, you can present to small business audiences on Guide to Financial Statement Services: Compilation, Review and Audit using this PowerPoint Presentation.
Find more firm practice management resources in the AICPA's Private Companies Practice Section.