Customer Service Tips - Practical Tips for Achieving Effective Client Communication
Published September 19, 2006
Maintain clear and reasonable expectations:
- When the situation warrants, adjust your clients expectations promptly.
- Report project status regularly.
- Avoid surprises.
Avoid fee-related misunderstandings:
- Discuss fees during the first meeting.
- Furnish a written fee agreement.
- Bill periodically and promptly.
Make time to educate your client:
- Share your work with the client.
- Involve them in the process.
- Add value beyond the services being provided.
- Create a positive experience for the client.
Show that you care about your client as a person:
- Highlight potential personal implications of accounting and financial issues and situations.
- Remember personal details such as names of family members, key milestones, birthdays, etc.
- Write them down.
- Calendar them so you remember to mention them.
- Send cards and personal notes.
- Be focused and actively engaged in serving your client.