About the Workshop
The AICPA Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop is an annual invitational program for minority accounting students who plan to pursue the CPA designation. This event aims to strengthen students’ professional skills and understanding of the limitless possibilities and benefits of earning the CPA credential. Through speakers, panel discussions and interactive programs, participants gain confidence and an enhanced understanding of the various career paths with the accounting profession to prepare them for the steps that follow graduation.
View the Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop Preview Video
An all-expenses paid event, the AICPA covers the cost of student attendees’ transportation, hotel accommodation and meals. Learn more about the AICPA Foundation.
To attend, a student must:
- Be a declared accounting, finance or tax major who intends to pursue the CPA credential
- Be a sophomore, junior, senior, 5th year, or graduate student for the 2012-13 academic year
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be actively involved in campus and community activities
- Have not attended a past workshop
- Be an ethnic minority (Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American; or Asian)
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Be a Student Affiliate Member of the AICPA
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to attend this event?
An application for the 2013 program is available on www.thiswaytocpa.com/aslw. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
If I am graduating in spring/summer 2013, may I still attend the workshop?
Yes: this is an ideal program for recent graduates. This workshop benefits attendees by strengthening networking and communication skills to prepare workplace leaders.
If I have attended a past AICPA Workshop, may I come back?
To enable as many students as possible to have this experience, students who have attended a previous workshop may not attend.
What if I have another obligation (class, work) at the same time as the workshop and still want to attend?
Students are required to attend the workshop for the full two days. The AICPA will provide your employer or teacher with information regarding the content and benefit of your participation in this program.
May I attend if I am already a CPA?
No, those persons who are already CPAs are not eligible to attend as participants.
How do I learn more about the Leadership Workshop and other AICPA diversity programs?
Contact us with your inquiry and contact information.