The State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team hosted a “CPAs in State Legislatures” panel discussion on July 17, 2012 in St. Louis, MO.
The discussion focused on the unique perspective these CPA lawmakers bring to state government service, why they decided to run, how they partner with their state CPA society to represent the profession's interests, and ways that state societies can encourage and support more CPAs who want to run for state public office.
The panel featured CPAs currently serving in state legislatures and included (pictured from left to right):
- MN Senator Michelle Benson, CPA
- TX Representative John Otto, CPA
- WI Representative Dale Kooyenga, CPA
- MO Representative Denny Hoskins, CPA
- MI Representative Lisa Howze, CPA
Video: CPA Lawmakers: Answering the Call